Who We Are
Families Helping Families at the Crossroads of Louisiana is a non-profit Family Directed Resource Center for individuals with special needs. FHF was founded in 1992 in Alexandria, LA. as a part of a parent resource center statewide. FHF is an organization of families who because of their experience are aware of and committed to reaching out to other families who have members with special needs. Special needs include, physical, mental, emotional, behavioral and or educational issues. FHF is a place where families can go for help and understanding from caring people who: ”Have Been There” too.
What We Do
If your family has special needs we offer, support, assistance and resources:
- Drop in/Call in information and referral
- Parent to Parent and Peer to Peer Program
- Training in Education Laws, Rights and Advocacy
- Resource Library (online or books)
- Workshops (training for parents and professionals)
- Internet information
- National Disabilities Resource Information
- Emergency Housing Services
- Medical Transportation Services
- Case Management
- Behavioral Health
Assist and strengthen individuals and families with special needs through a coordinated network of resources supporting and serving the parishes of Avoyelles, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Rapides, Vernon and Winn.